Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Being a fashionable survivor

Somehow in the last couple of days I have struggled with the idea of being a greeny or not being a greeny. In my head, I was pretty sure that I'm a greeny and that there aint no blackness pumpin' this heart of mine! But the realization is slowly sinking in that no matter how many times people say that green is the new black, there's just no way I'm wearing a "green little number". My point is, I don't know if I want to continue living with these ideas swimming in my head like "Save the world, Rita" and "Rescue the little penguins in Greenland, Rita". The whole Super-Green-Women thing is just kinda getting to me. And I don't like wearing underpants over my skinnies-can't we have Superman back?? Rescuing the world just kinda seems like a tit-bit too much to handle for me when I can barely keep my gold fish, Twinkle, alive enough to put on the effort to entertain me with swimming. I want to worry about being ungrateful with what I have and swearing at taxi's. Not saving the planet.

The Diesel ad-campaign on global-warming has drawn a lot of attention from lovers and haters of the campaign. It seems that the world is no longer divided between white chocolate lovers and the normal yummy kind of chocolate (I am a very unbiased blogger), but divided between the Diesel ad-campaign lovers and the non-Diesel ad campaign lovers. If you are unfamiliar with the campaign, (the Diesel ad-campaign), here are some photos:


I can understand seeing New York underwater might not be seen as an exciting 10 year plan for the world to have at the moment, but it seems like its inevitable if we don't do something about it soon. But still, I think it makes a pretty picture and I wouldn't mind being the tanned lady in the "Underworld sequel" or the wanna-be Pringle lads in the Mediterranean Paris. I'm just worried about what I'll wear to these events, my closet doesn't seem to support fashionable sequinsed finned over jackets. And I have no idea where to find any. Maybe Mr Price should really up their game if they want to continue being known as supplying people with high fashion. We want fins on our clothing. Listen to the people!! (Though I might add, with a marketing strategy like theirs, I don't even know why I would even care)

How will climate change influence what we wear? Are we going to wear hats that can be transformed into umbrellas? Shoes that can be transformed into ski's? Dresses with protection against the sun? Who knows? All I'm saying is that I want sequins on mine please. Oo oo oo! And some fur! (fake of course)

1 comment:

  1. I think it'll influence a lot what we wear. Some ppl worry more about staying warm or cool seasonally than looking good. Especially if it's freezing. Which... I guess... will only happen to half of us, as you say. I hope they don't do silly things like you mentioned in the last paragraph... that's just wrong!

    ReplyDelete