Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Jimmy Choo's as Camouflage


So there are a few imagines that come to mind when I imagine the end of the world as we know it. Images of me being the last person on earth like in the movie "I am Legend", or the whole world being covered in ice like in (the movie) "The day after tomorrow", and these images got me thinking. If I was the dude in "I am Legend", running away from freaky assed monsters and suspicious computerized-looking lions, what would I be wearing? And you know what jumped out at me from my closet? (No, not freaky looking monsters or suspicious computerized-looking lions) My ANIMAL PRINT leggings! What better opportunity for animal print apparel than the end of the world? Not that I'm saying that that's why animal print is so in this season....but hey! there could be link between the two. Maybe Roberto Cavalli was dreading the day the world would be made crisp by the sun (like in the movie Knowing) and be left the only person alive on mother earth (or on whatever freaky planet the aliens would place him if they should think he looks childlike enough and can breed the next human race in a place that looks suspiciously like The Garden of Eden). Maybe he was like "If I'm going to have to run away from really big lions (but is still able to run away from them, because we are The Humans and we can run away from the King of the Jungle with our SUPER evolved legs or fool them with our SUPER sidestepping skills, and all people in America think an African lion will reach you just above your knee in hight) I might need a fashionable piece of clothing that can be worn while hiding from the wild animals trying to eat me". That is if there are any life left on Earth and some alien hasn't come to destroy all life on earth because we are killing it and that would be the humane thing to do (hahaha) (like in the movie "The day the earth stood still"..... Is it just me, or are there plenty of movies made on this topic??

My point? I'm getting myself some nice clothes in animal print in case I have to grab it on my way out on the last day of Earth.

1 comment:

  1. A leopard won't change it's spots... haha!
    I dunno where that popped up. I'm random like that. There are so many things to think of on the last day of earth though... and fashion won't be one of them. If I knew I was gonna die I'd probably go for a swim in the sea... naked. And just wait... okay there are a couple of other things I guess but that's over PG rated. HEHE!!

    Cool idea though! And no... probably won't be that romantic in the end.

    ReplyDelete