Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chiffon coats the future?


No matter which way I look at it, summer has always been my favourite season. Don't get me wrong, I love warm drinks, romantic coats, leather gloves, thick stockings, warm duvets and snowmen. But theres nothing like chiffon dresses, denim shorts, bikinis, the ocean, cuddeling on a rainy summers day..... cocktails at Aardklop....Aaahhh
But what will it be like to have summer all year around? On shoppingblog.com they say that apparently Target and Kohl's have brought in temperature experts to help them forecast their seasonal sales and collections. I would have called them over achievers if they were in my class in school, but still, it seems like retailers are starting to take the idea of climate change very serious. It is said that the climate change has already brought down sales in boots and coats in the last two years and that heavy fabrics aren't selling as well as it used to. Personally I'm not going to cry too many tears about the heavy fabric issue, three kilogram coats have never been my thing...it always seems to bring me down, you know? Hehe.....
In october of 2007 on shoppingblog.com it was said that the new trend in collections these days are "transeasonal collections" for those of you who don't keep up with the daily slang in fashion...and yes, it changes daily...like the opinion of people on George Bush in America. Transeasonal has nothing to do with transvestites except for the fact that men might like it..... Its all about clothing being worn all through the year and fabrics being lighter and more adaptable to the season its worn. Except for the fact that designers will have to be very creative if they still want to show their garments four times a year when the fabrics are the same, its brings a challenge to those who doesn't like the whole layers like an onion thing (or like cake).

I have mixed feelings about this- my mother says that its bad taste to wear boots during summer and I really love my cowboy boots. It also takes me forever to tan and selftan is expensive and I look quite forward every year to the few months during winter when I don't have to worry about the freaky white colour of my legs. So I guess if mother nature wants to take votes, I'm all for the quatro-seasonal thing. Guess I'm taking my plastic bags in tomorrow for recycling. Can seqiuns be recycled??

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetie!
    Lovely post. You really go in depth about issues huh? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete