Sunday, August 16, 2009

Black Coffee for President!


When I was dressing in my top and leggings this morning, a thoughts struck me. Firstly, I ended up putting on the same top that I promised myself last week I wouldn’t wear again, because one can only accessorize one top in so many different ways before someone notices that I’m wearing it like, every second day. But the thing is, I just REALLY love that top! But I do have some pride, and when I noticed the girl next to me in class was trying to get a sniff of the top so that she can report to rest of the class that yes, it is the same top as two days ago, I realized a change must be made. Now see, true love lasts a lifetime, and I LOVE this top. So I decided I’ll have to find a different way to wear this top, without anyone noticing that it was still the same freakin’ top, just in disguise under the rows of pearly accessories. So anyway, I was feeling very creative this particular morning (I call it my creative juices, but my boyfriend calls it my loony- lapses), and I decided to...wait for it!!...put my top on, UPSIDE DOWN. It looked really quite cute, actually. The final product was a cowl-necked top with a nice tight waist. It might be viewed as slightly SHORT and too small by some, but I use the word SEXY.

Anyway, the thought that struck me was that, if half of the world is going to be underwater soon, should we not be planning our wardrobes and making sure we are ready to escape our houses when the time comes? Already I have this image of myself dressed in a lovely princess coat with fur along the rims of the hoody, running dramatically through the night as the coat floats behind me in a white haze.... But the reality is that things might not be as romantic. We might get to keep the fur in the image, but the rest will have to go (see future post). The thing is, we might have to look into clothing that can be worn over and over, without ever actually LOOKING like we’re wearing the same thing twice. I mean, how many things can one grab when running for one’s life ( I like using “one”, it sounds professional)

The point is, designers like “Black Coffee” who design dresses that can be worn over and over again in different ways, by changing its actual look, might be the future. I just really hope someone thinks to design one of those with sequins, before the whole "Water World Thing" happens. I LOOOOOVEEEE sequins.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought fashion could be so complicated. But you know me... I'm rather hopeless. You've been trying to change that for how many years now?? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete